Call for Applications |
The Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) is calling for applications from suitably qualified individuals interested in the nuts and bolts of digital rights advocacy to apply for a two-day virtual training. The training, which is scheduled for August 25th and 26th 2021, targets human rights defenders, academics, media, activists, technologists, and private sector actors from Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Introduction to Digital Rights and Internet Freedom in Africa.
- How State and Non-State Actors Curtail Internet Freedom.
- Laws and Policies Governing Internet Freedom in Africa.
- Internet Freedom Advocacy for Human Rights Defenders.
- Researching and Communicating Digital Rights Issues in Africa
- Developing an Internet Freedom Advocacy Strategy
CIPESA will cover participants’ internet connectivity costs.
Please send your application to [email protected]. The application should include;
- Experience in digital rights and internet freedom work.
- Why this workshop is relevant to your work.
- Also attach a CV (maximum 2 pages)
Deadline for application is 18th August 2021
Successful applicants will be notified on 20th August 2021