We are searching for a Finance and Grants Manager who will be responsible for overseeing financial transactions, maintaining accurate financial records, and ensuring compliance with financial policies and regulations. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
Job Title/ Position: Finance and Grants Manager
Type: Full Time National Staff
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Contract Length: 3 years (renewable)
Start Date: November/December 2023 (To be shortlisted on rolling basis)
The Finance and Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing financial transactions, maintaining accurate financial records, and ensuring compliance with financial policies and regulations of the USAID funds. This role plays a vital part in the organisation’s financial management and supports decision-making processes by providing accurate and timely financial information. Furthermore, the Manager will support the CIPESA management in donor compliance, timely reporting, project document filing, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Result #1 – Financial Planning and Budgeting (20%)
Key Result #2 – Grant Management (20%)
Key Result #3 – Financial Compliance and Risk Management (20%)
Key Result #4 – Financial Reporting and Analysis (20%)
Key Result #5 – Grants and Funding Strategy (10%)
Key Result #6 – Representation and External Relations (10%)
Education and Experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (a Masters degree is beneficial)
- Significant experience in managing and implementing programs in the non-governmental sector, with at least five years in a management position
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CFA) is a plus.
- Proven experience with USAID regulations and general donor relationships
- Proven budget management experience coupled with experience in implementing and working in accordance with corporate structures, policies and practices.
- Experience in proposal-writing, budgeting and financial management.
- Demonstrated experience with participatory approaches, including capacity building of local institutions
- Knowledge and experience working with other cultures and sensitive to the cross-cultural issues
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, partners, in English.
The Complete Job Description is available here.
Employment with CIPESA offers an attractive package which includes; a good salary commensurate to one’s role, a good medical insurance package for staff and dependents, provident fund, GPA and provision for other statutory requirements.
CIPESA is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: Human Resource Manager, CIPESA Email: [email protected] not later than Friday, November 17, 2023 (N.B. Extended to November 21, 2023), at 5:00pm. Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by December 22, 2023.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
CIPESA strives to provide an environment free from Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud. CIPESA holds a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud. CIPESA expects its employees and partners to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that CIPESA’s work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the CIPESA’s anti-fraud, Safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with CIPESA Safeguarding, Anti-Fraud & HR policy. In line with this we will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By applying, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.