Call for Applications |
The Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) is calling for applications from individuals interested in learning, researching and communicating digital rights for a two-day virtual training.
The training seeks to equip participants with requisite skills as well as serve as a space to build a community of interdisciplinary digital rights researchers and advocates of digital rights in Africa.
The training, scheduled for 24-25 March, 2022 targets human rights defenders, academics, media, activists, technologists, and private sector actors from Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Key issues shaping the digital rights landscape in Africa
- Legal and policy frameworks governing digital rights in Africa.
- Legal research for Internet policy and digital rights analysis
- Survey methods in digital rights research
- Monitoring surveillance, internet shutdowns and targeted malware
- Strategic Communication, Visuals, and Using Research for Advocacy
- Complete this application form
- Deadline for application is Friday, March 17, 2022
- Successful applicants will be notified on Monday, March 21, 2022
CIPESA will cover participants’ internet connectivity costs.